Friday, March 13, 2009

The Birds and the...uh...Cows

So we are driving to Pea Ridge today and Kirsi says, "Ah, Mom. I just saw two cows playing together." I asked her what she was talking about. She said that she saw one cow on top of another one. Hmmmm. How do I proceed? She is almost nine. Now remember, my kids are homeschooled, so they aren't on the same sex ed. schedule that most kids are. They are told on a must-know basis. So I said, "Oh Kirsi. That is how cows make babies." She says, "Really! That's a weird way to make babies!" Silence... "Is that how you and Daddy made me?"

My response..."kind of."
Now this was a funny conversation that just tickled me to death. But, the best part about it was Nathan sitting next to me (who has had "the talk") uncomfortably shifting in his seat, counting the seconds until the conversation would come to an end.

I post this story not to make fun of my children, but to tell them that they can talk to me and ask me anything!!! I hope they are never afraid to ask me any questions! I love you Kirsi and Nathan!!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I knew cows were good for something. :)

banananutmeg said...

poor nathan. I bet he was DYING!

Lara said...

Wow, Nathan must of been really uncomfortable!

The Graces said...

MOMMY!!!!!! GGGRRR!!! LOL(:

Shelly said...

That is too funny! We often used the line that one was giving the other one a piggy-back ride (which I think came from a comment that one of the boys had made!) I certainly don't miss those conversations!