Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I started a gratitude journal a few years ago. I thought I would post a list of some of my favorite things to kick off my rededication to writing in it everyday...

1. The sound of my children playing together

2. Getting everything on my list checked off (Rarely happens, that's why I rarely make lists)

3. Brownies and ice cream...which I can't eat anymore

4. When the socks come out even in the laundry

5. Days when I get to stay home

6. The feeling I have after I've completed a daunting task

7. I Love Lucy...of course

8. Searching the web for fun school ideas

9. Eating a meal without someone begging for a bite

10. The Reach flosser

11. Game Night

12. Eating M&M's one at a time (can't do that anymore either)

13. Cuddling up with Jamie in front of the TV

14. A clean house...I've forgotten what that's like.

15. Disney World...it just makes me feel like a kid.

16. Scrapbooking overnighters at my mom's house

17. Finding a bargain!

18. Learning a new craft...learning how to make jewelry right now.

19. Actually having the right sized battery when I need it (the batteries just died on my cordless keyboard)

20. Getting stains out

21. Taking the perfect picture

22. Eight straight hours of sleep

23. Cold cereal...can't have that anymore either

24. A groomed Sammy

25. Rainy days...if I get to stay indoors

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks, Jenny! Your list has kind of reminded me to look at the brighter side of life... even the little things that I love and that make me happy!

Barbara said...

Enjoyed your favorite things. Some of them are my favorite things, too. Good idea to make a list. : )

Sarah said...

Just reading that list made me feel better about being awake right now. Love it!

Lara said...

Great list! I'm completely with you on making list but never completing them. That's why I don't make list anymore. Too depressing. I'm going to make a list of my own now!